Wednesday 28 August 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 28, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alejandro Lanusse and Pierre Jacquemart.
Shifting Sands, directed by Albert Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 August 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1918 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Alejandro Lanusse: Army officer / politician.
- Pierre Jacquemart: Le Cateau physician.
- L Cole: American illustrator and publisher (d. 1995).
- Tris Speaker suspended for season due to assault on ump Tom Connolly
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Man Who Put the Germ in Germany - Nora Bayes
- When You Come Home - Henry Burr