Monday October 28, 1918
US date format: 10/28/1918, UK date format: 28/10/1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 28, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Harold Sheperdson and Teresa Wright.
Little Women, directed by Harley Knoles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 28, 1918?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- See more
- World War I: Czechoslovakia is granted independence from Austria-Hungary marking the beginning of independent Czechoslovak state, after 300 years.
- Ulisse Dini: Italian mathematician (Born 1845).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 28, 1918?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - Love's Garden of Roses
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - When Uncle Joe Steps into France
- Alma Gluck - The Lost Chord