Sunday 29 October 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 29, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jane Alexander .
Drums Along the Mohawk, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 October 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1939 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Dwight B Waldo: American educator and historian (Born 1864).
- NHL Babe Seibert Memorial Game: All-Stars beat Montreal 5-3
- Golden Gate International Exposition (Dan Francisco, California) closes.