Saturday 29 September 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 29, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sebastian Coe and James Donald Halsell Jr.
In UK Lay Down Your Arms by Anne Shelton was in the top 5 hits.
The Ten Commandments, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Hiram Holliday.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 September 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1956 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Sebastian Coe: English sprinter and politician.
- James Donald Halsell Jr: Monroe, Louisiana -- Astronaut (STS 65, 74, 83, 94).
- Sebastian Newbold Coe: England, United Kingdom -- 1500m runner (1980, 84 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Suzzy Roche: American singer-songwriter producer and actress (The Roches).
- I Love Mickey by Mickey Mantle and Teresa Brewer peaks at #87
- Oh! Susanna, debuts on CBS-TV
- Yanks Mickey Mantle hits his 52nd HR of season
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?