Saturday 29 September 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Donald Halsell Jr and Sebastian Newbold Coe.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
The Ten Commandments, directed by Cecil B. de Mille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching West Point.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1956 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- James Donald Halsell Jr: Monroe, Louisiana -- Astronaut (STS 65, 74, 83, 94).
- Sebastian Newbold Coe: England, United Kingdom -- 1500m runner (1980, 84 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Sebastian Coe: English sprinter and politician.
- Suzzy Roche: American singer-songwriter producer and actress (The Roches).
- I Love Mickey by Mickey Mantle and Teresa Brewer peaks at #87
- Oh! Susanna, debuts on CBS-TV
- Yanks Mickey Mantle hits his 52nd HR of season
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 September 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?