Sunday 17 December 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 17, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Novella Nelson and James Booker in New Orleans.
Judge Hardy and Son, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 December 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1939 ?
- Novella Nelson
- Novella Nelson in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Nellie Cole - Chiefs).
- James Booker in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; rhythm and blues musician (Gonzo).
- Eddie Kendricks: Alabama, United States -- Rocker (Temptations-My Girl, Boogie Down).
- James Booker: American jazz singer (Born 1939).
- German pocket battleship Graf Spee scuttled by its crew off Uruguay
- World War II: Battle of the River Plate : The Admiral Graf Spee is scuttled by Captain Hans Langsdorff outside Montevideo.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1939 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Bluebirds in the Moonlight - Dick Jurgens & His Orchestra
- In an Old Dutch Garden (By an Old Dutch Mill) - Dick Jurgens & His Orchestra
- Erskine Hawkins & His Orchestra - Tuxedo Junction
- Faithful Forever - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
- All the Things You Are - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra