Monday April 30, 1956
US date format: 4/30/1956, UK date format: 30/4/1956
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 30, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Anthony Eden (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Lars von Trier and Jorge Chaminé.
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
Good-bye, My Lady, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Arthritis And Common Sense by Dale Alexander was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lui e lei.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 30, 1956?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- See more
- Former Vice President and Senator Alben Barkley dies during a speech in Virginia. He collapses after proclaiming ''I would rather be a servant in the house of the lord than sit in the seats of the mighty.''
- Alben W Barkley: Vice President of the United States...
- Alben W Barkley (US Vice President-Democrat-1949-53): dies at age 78.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 30, 1956?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free