Tuesday 30 June 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 30, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Lacroix and Robert Ballard.
The Pride of the Yankees, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 June 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1942 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Jean-Pierre Lacroix: French senior official, who served as regional prefect successively of Guyane, Corsica, Centre, and Rhône-Alpes.
- Robert Ballard: Explorer / geologist / author / discoverer (Titanic in 1985).
- Ron Harris: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Arnoldus J H Aerts: Dutch Bishop of New-Guinea, executed at 62.
- 144 U-boats (700,000 ton) sunk this month
- US bombs Celebes and Timor
- US Mint in New Orleans ceases operation.