Thursday 30 October 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clifford Brown and Nestor Almendros.
Sin Takes a Holiday, directed by Paul L. Stein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 October 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1930 ?
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Herbert
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Saturninus
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Clifford Brown: American musician, one of the great jazz trumpet players who was also gifted on piano, vibes, bass and the regular trumpet.
- Nestor Almendros: Spanish/US cameraman (Kramer versus Kramer), dies at age 61.
- Vincenzo Parisi: Italian attorney and administrator in the Foreign Office, the prefect and head of several major organizations.
- Michel Crepeau
- Timothy Findley: Canadian novelist and playwright (Born 1930).
- Marilyn Alex: Hollywood, California -- Actress (Molly - Young and the Restless).
- Don Meineke: American basketball player (d. 2013).
- Gian Baldi: Italian documentary filmmaker, screenwriter and critic.
- Michel Crépeau: French centre-left politician.
- Néstor Almendros: Spanish-American director and cinematographer (d. 1992).
- Christopher Foster: English economist and academic.
- Turkey and Greece sign a treaty of friendship.