Monday 27 October 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 27, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leo Baxendale and Bill George NFL linebacker (Chicago Bears.
Sin Takes a Holiday, directed by Paul L. Stein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 October 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1930 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Leo Baxendale: English cartoonist.
- Bill George NFL linebacker (Chicago Bears: Los Angeles Rams).
- Horst Ruschmeier: Germany Actor.
- Barry Supple: English historian and academic.
- ratifications exchanged in London on the first London Naval Treaty signed in April modifying the Washington Naval Treaty of 1925. Its arms limitation provisions go into effect immediately, hence putting more limits on the expensive naval arms race between its five signatories (the United Kingdom, the United States, the Japanese Empire, France, and Italy.)