Friday 10 October 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 10, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harold Pinter and Yves Chauvin.
The Silver Horde, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 October 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1930 ?
- Harold Pinter: British writer, a playwright, screenwriter and poet, one of the best-known dramatists of the 1960s.
- Yves Chauvin: French chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2015).
- Adlai Stevenson III
- Mustafa Zaidi: Pakistani poet (d. 1970).
- Adlai Stevenson: American politician, the eldest of three sons of Illinois governor Adlai Stevenson.
- Eugenio Castellotti: Italian race car driver (d. 1957).
- Adolf Engler: German botanist (Born 1844).
- AP votes Joe Cronin unofficial AL MVP and BWA names Hack Wilson NL MVP
- Yankees announce signing Joe McCarthy to manage for 4 years