Saturday 25 October 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Delford Brown and Robert Delford.
The Doorway to Hell, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1930 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Robert Delford Brown: American artist.
- Robert Delford: Portland artists.
- Harold Brodkey: American author and academic (d. 1996).
- 1st football game in Atlantic City Convention Center
- 1st scheduled transcontinental air service began
- First scheduled transcontinental air service begins.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?