Tuesday 28 October 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 28, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Simone Weber and Bernie Ecclestone.
Sin Takes a Holiday, directed by Paul L. Stein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1930 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Simone Weber
- Bernie Ecclestone: English motorsports figure.
- Jean-Pierre Prouteau: French politician who married the actress Anne Vernon in 1988.
- Harry Gilbert Trythall: Composer.
- John Henry Mayer: Composer.
- Michel Descombey: French dancer, choreographer, ballet director, who joined the Paris opera ballet in 1947; director at Zurich 1971-73; worked in Mexico ballet from 1973.