Wednesday 15 October 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fela Ransome / Anikulapo Kuti and Phillipe Leroy.
The Doorway to Hell, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1930 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Fela Ransome / Anikulapo Kuti: Nigerian singer / saxophonist.
- Phillipe Leroy: Paris, France -- Actor (Night Porter, Leonardo da Vinci).
- Fereydun M Esfandiary: Iranian philosopher (d. 2000).
- FM-2030 : Belgian-Iranian basketball player philosopher and diplomat (d. 2000).
- Herbert Henry Dow: American chemical industrialist (Born 1866).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?