Wednesday 29 October 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Stampfel and Niki De Saint Phalle.
The Doorway to Hell, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Exile by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1930 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Peter Stampfel: Rocker.
- Niki De Saint Phalle: French artist, a contemporary post-modernist sculptor who built a "tarot garden" in Tuscany.
- Richard Davies: Actor (Pvt Buckaroo), dies of heart attack at 79.
- Bertha Brouwer: Dutch athlete (Born 1930).
- Omara Portuondo: Cuban singer and dancer (Cuarteto d'Aida and Buena Vista Social Club).
- Natalie Sleeth: American pianist and composer (d. 1992)
- 1st Eastern Canada night CF game: Oshawa vs. Toronto Balmy Beach
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?