Sunday 26 October 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 26, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Micaux and Harold Brodkey.
Way for a Sailor, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 October 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1930 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Pierre Micaux
- Harold Brodkey: Author.
- John Arden: England, United Kingdom -- Novelist / playwright (Left Handed Liberty).
- Harry Payne Whitney: American businessman (Born 1872).