Tuesday 31 December 1918, NewYear’s EveUS date format: 12/31/1918, UK date format: 31/12/1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 31, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Al Purdy and W. Eugene Smith.
Little Women, directed by Harley Knoles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 December 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1918 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- W. Eugene Smith: Photographer.
- Al Purdy: Poet.
- Herman Gonzalez Gutierrez: Costa Rican sculptor, lawyer, farmer and bank manager.
- Al Lakeman: American baseball player, a right-handed catcher with the Cincinnati Reds, Philadelphia Phillies, and Boston Braves between 1942 and 1949, and the Detroit Tigers in 1954.
- Virginia Davis: American actress and dancer (d. 2009).
- Kid Gleason replaces Pants Rowland as Chicago White Sox manager.
- A British-brokered ceasefire ends two weeks of fighting between Armenians and Georgians.
- The Grand Duchy of Baden ceases to exist.
- The British occupy Palestine.
- The Native American Church is formally founded.
- The Association Against the Prohibition Amendment is founded to promote repeal of prohibition in the U.S.
- ''United Business Media'' is founded in London (as ''United Newspapers Ltd.'')
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When You Come Back, and You Will Come Back - Orpheus Quartet
- Oh How I Wish I Could Sleep Until My Daddy Comes Back Home - Henry Burr
- Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 (Anitra's Dance) - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- O Death, Where is Thy Sting? - Bert Williams