Tuesday 31 December 1918, NewYear’s Eve
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Herman Gonzalez Gutierrez and Al Lakeman.
Your Wife and Mine, directed by Eve Dorrington, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The Desert of Wheat by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1918 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Herman Gonzalez Gutierrez: Costa Rican sculptor, lawyer, farmer and bank manager.
- Al Lakeman: American baseball player, a right-handed catcher with the Cincinnati Reds, Philadelphia Phillies, and Boston Braves between 1942 and 1949, and the Detroit Tigers in 1954.
- Virginia Davis: American actress and dancer (d. 2009).
- Kid Gleason replaces Pants Rowland as Chicago White Sox manager.
- A British-brokered ceasefire ends two weeks of fighting between Armenians and Georgians.
- The Grand Duchy of Baden ceases to exist.
- The British occupy Palestine.
- The Native American Church is formally founded.
- The Association Against the Prohibition Amendment is founded to promote repeal of prohibition in the U.S.
- ''United Business Media'' is founded in London (as ''United Newspapers Ltd.'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1918 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Hindustan - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?