Tuesday 31 December 1957, NewYear’s Eve
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Allen Ogrin in Waukegan and Katherine Byrne.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
The Enemy Below, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mike Hammer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1957!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1957 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- David Allen Ogrin in Waukegan: Illinois, USA; PGA golfer (1994 Byron Nelson-second).
- Katherine Byrne: American noted family, the daughter of Chicago Mayor Margaret Jane Byrne and her husband, William Patrick Byrne.
- Graham Dawson: Australian astrologer and software designer, co-director of "Esoteric Technology" with Stephanie Johnson.
- Stephanie Mott: American transgender (M2F) Christian woman, who has written a monthly column for the Kansas LGBT newspaper Liberty Press since April 2008.
- AAU awards Bobby Morrow, James Sullivan Memorial Trophy
- Disneyland in Anaheim, California, welcomes its 10-millionth guest.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 December 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?