Sunday 26 June 1949
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fredric Brandt and Adrian Gurvitz.
The Fountainhead, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while A Guide To Confident Living by Norman Vincent Peale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mama.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1949 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Fredric Brandt: American dermatologist and author (d. 2015).
- Adrian Gurvitz: English singer-songwriter and producer (The Gun Baker Gurvitz Army and Three Man Army).
- Kim Gu: President of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea (Born 1876).
- 1st Belgian parliamentary election where women can vote (CVP gains)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Room Full of Roses - Dick Haymes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?