Saturday 31 July 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Percy Herbert (actor) and Rudolf Halaczinsky.
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Re-Creation of Brian Kent by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1920 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Percy Herbert (actor)
- Rudolf Halaczinsky: Composer.
- James Esdras Faust: American religious leader (d. 2007).
- Percy Herbert: English character actor who worked predominantly during the 1950s, '60s and '70s, becoming one of the most recognisable faces in post-war British cinema.
- Gerrit Peters: Netherlands sport Champion.
- James Faust: American religious leader lawyer and politician (d. 2007).
- Ion Dragoumis: Greek diplomat, writer and revolutionary (Born 1878).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - The Barefoot Trail
- Left All Alone Again Blues - Marion Harris
- Alexandria - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- My Sahara Rose - Happy Six
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?