January 1906 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in January 1906.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on January 1906: find out below
Which were the important events of January 1906?
- 01 Jan 1906 British India officially adopts the Indian Standard Time.
- 04 Jan 1906 South Africa beat England by one wicket, their first Test win.
- 08 Jan 1906 A landslide in Haverstraw, New York, caused by the excavation of clay along the Hudson River, kills 20 people.
- 12 Jan 1906 Football rules committee legalizes the forward pass.
- 16 Jan 1906 April 7 ampndash Algeciras Conference to resolve the First Moroccan Crisis between France and Germany.
- 22 Jan 1906 SS Valencia runs aground on rocks on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, killing more than 130.
- 27 Jan 1906 Rudolf Gundersen skates world record 500m at 44.8 seconds.
- 29 Jan 1906 Coen de King skates world record time: 32,370 km.
- 31 Jan 1906 Strongest instrumentally recorded earthquake, Colombia, 8.6 Richter
Swiss chemist dubbed “the father of LSD”...
Sci-fi Author (Conan the Conqueror),...
Lithuanian-French historian philosopher...
- See more
Russian physicist (Born 1859).
IX of Denmark (Born 1818).
dies at age 51.
dies at age 78.
- See more
Which were the top hits in January 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Corrine Morgan & Haydn Quartet - How'd You Like to Spoon with Me?
- Sousa's Band - Moonlight
- Haydn Quartet - In Dear Old Georgia
- Len Spencer & Ada Jones - The Golden Wedding
- Ada Jones - I'm the Only Star That Twinkles on Broadway