Wednesday 31 January 1906
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Benjamin Frankel and R W.
Impersonation of Nelson-McGovern Fight, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while The Fighting Chance by Robert W. Chambers was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1906!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1906 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Benjamin Frankel: Composer.
- R W: Bonham; founder (International Braille Chess Association).
- Roosevelt Sykes: American singer and pianist (d. 1983).
- Strongest instrumentally recorded earthquake, Colombia, 8.6 Richter
- Ecuador-Colombia earthquake (8.8 on the Moment magnitude scale) and associated tsunami.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I'm the Only Star That Twinkles on Broadway - Ada Jones
- The Musical Yankee - Len Spencer
- Will You Love Me in December as You do in May? - Albert Campbell
- Just a Little Rocking Chair and You - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- The Golden Wedding - Len Spencer & Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?