Tuesday January 16, 1906
US date format: 1/16/1906, UK date format: 16/1/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 16, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Clement Greenberg and Diana Winyard.
Donkey Skin, directed by Jacques Demy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 16, 1906?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- April 7 ampndash Algeciras Conference to resolve the First Moroccan Crisis between France and Germany.
- Marshall Field: American entrepreneur; department store...
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 16, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Haydn Quartet - In Dear Old Georgia