Tuesday 16 January 1906
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 16, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clement Greenberg and Diana Winyard.
Our Daily Bread, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 January 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1906!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1906 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Diana Winyard: London, England -- Actress (Cavalcade).
- Clement Greenberg: art critic.
- Camille Coulet: French diplomat, who held posts in Moscow and Helsinki before World War II and served as ambassador to Yugoslavia in 1955.
- Johannes Brenner: Estonian footballer and pilot (d. 1975).
- Diana Wynyard: English actress (d. 1964).
- Marshall Field: American entrepreneur; department store founder and real estate investor.
- April 7 ampndash Algeciras Conference to resolve the First Moroccan Crisis between France and Germany.