Tuesday 16 January 1906
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Diana Winyard and Clement Greenberg.
Impersonation of Nelson-McGovern Fight, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while Jane Cable by George Barr McCutcheon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1906!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1906 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Diana Winyard: London, England -- Actress (Cavalcade).
- Clement Greenberg: art critic.
- Camille Coulet: French diplomat, who held posts in Moscow and Helsinki before World War II and served as ambassador to Yugoslavia in 1955.
- Johannes Brenner: Estonian footballer and pilot (d. 1975).
- Diana Wynyard: English actress (d. 1964).
- Marshall Field: American entrepreneur; department store founder and real estate investor.
- April 7 ampndash Algeciras Conference to resolve the First Moroccan Crisis between France and Germany.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?