Tuesday 23 January 1906
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lester Horton and May Abel Smith.
Police Chasing Scorching Auto, directed by Sr. Wallace McCutcheon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 January 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1906!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1906 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Lester Horton: American dancer who was one of the young followers of the "modern" dance of the 1930s, especially the new forms that were more simple and natural.
- Bob Steele: Pendleton, Oregon -- Actor (Duffy-F Troop, Big Sleep).
- May Abel Smith: British princess, a great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria, as well as a great-great-great-granddaughter of King George III and niece to Queen Mary, consort of King George V. Furthermore she was related on her mother's side to the royal family of the Netherlands.
- Pierre Felbaco: France sport Champion.
- Ciro Andreatta: Italy Scientist.
- Andr? Cherasse: Le Montet Military man.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Just a Little Rocking Chair and You - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- The Musical Yankee - Len Spencer
- Will You Love Me in December as You do in May? - Albert Campbell
- I'm the Only Star That Twinkles on Broadway - Ada Jones
- The Golden Wedding - Len Spencer & Ada Jones