Tuesday 23 January 1906
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Steele and May Abel Smith.
Impersonation of Nelson-McGovern Fight, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while The House of a Thousand Candles by Meredith Nicholson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1906!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1906 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Bob Steele: Pendleton, Oregon -- Actor (Duffy-F Troop, Big Sleep).
- May Abel Smith: British princess, a great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria, as well as a great-great-great-granddaughter of King George III and niece to Queen Mary, consort of King George V. Furthermore she was related on her mother's side to the royal family of the Netherlands.
- Lester Horton: American dancer who was one of the young followers of the "modern" dance of the 1930s, especially the new forms that were more simple and natural.
- Pierre Felbaco: France sport Champion.
- Ciro Andreatta: Italy Scientist.
- Andr? Cherasse: Le Montet Military man
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- In Dear Old Georgia - Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?