Monday 1 January 1906, NewYear’s Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Stack and Giovanni D'Anzi.
Impersonation of Nelson-McGovern Fight, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while Coniston by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1906!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1906 ?
- Frank Stack: Canada -- Speed skater (1932 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Giovanni D'Anzi: Italian songwriter (d. 1974).
- Fulvio Bernardini: Italian soccer player.
- Louis Ferrand: French prelate, who was Archbishop of Tours from 1956 to 1980.
- Fulvio Berdardini: Italy sport Champion.
- Maurice Chapela: Valence Journalist
- British India officially adopts the Indian Standard Time.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Irish Girl I Love - Billy Murray
- Billy Golden - Turkey in the Straw
- In My Merry Oldsmobile - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- O Come, All Ye Faithful - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Courtship of Barney and Eileen - Len Spencer & Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?