Thursday 25 January 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alessandro Cicognini and Toni Ulmen.
Impersonation of Nelson-McGovern Fight, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while Lady Baltimore by Owen Wister was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1906!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1906 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Alessandro Cicognini: Italian musician, composer for films, began composing scores for Italian films in 1936.
- Toni Ulmen: German race car driver and motorcycle racer (d. 1976).
- Pierre L Goossens Belgian archbishop of Malines/Cardinal: dies at age 78.
- Joseph Wheeler II Confederate General: dies at age 70.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- In Dear Old Georgia - Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?