January 1928 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in January 1928.
The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Stanley Baldwin (Conservative), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on January 1928: find out below
Which were the important events of January 1928?
- 01 Jan 1928 Algemeene Vereeniging Radio Omroep (AVRO) begins broadcasting
- 06 Jan 1928 Pope Pius XI publishes encyclical Mortalium animos
- 07 Jan 1928 The moat at the Tower of London, previously drained in 1843 (and planted with grass), is completely refilled by a tidal wave.
- 10 Jan 1928 Soviet Union orders exile of Leon Trotsky.
- 12 Jan 1928 U.S. murderer Ruth Snyder is executed at Ossining.
- 17 Jan 1928 The OGPU arrests Lev Trotsky in Moscow he assumes a status of passive resistance.
- 23 Jan 1928 Abenteuer of brave Soldier Schwejk premieres in Berlin
- 26 Jan 1928 The volcanic island Anak Krakatau appears.
- 28 Jan 1928 Christopher Hornsrud is chosen Prime Minister of Norway at age 101.
- 30 Jan 1928 Bradman scores 134 not out (225 mins, 13 fours) NSW vs. Vic
- 31 Jan 1928 Scotch tape first marketed by 3-M Company.
French actress and director who has appeared in over 49 films.
French actor, comedian and film star who appeared from 1954 until 2007 in more than 150 films.
French director who began directing in 1961 and has worked in TV, ballet and films.
French cinema and television producer, screenwriter, presenter, animator and actor.
- See more
Actress (Frou-Frou / Nora), dies at 74.
Composer, dies at 61.
Track star (1900 Olympics - 4 Gold Medals), dies at 51.
Danish officer/explorer, dies at age 57.
- See more