Saturday 14 January 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 14, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gerald Arpino and Joe Muranyi.
High Stakes, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 January 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1928 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Joe Muranyi: American jazz musician, a clarinet, tenor and soprano sax player, and singer.
- Gerald Arpino: American dancer and choreographer (d. 2008).
- Lars Forssell: Swedish author poet and songwriter (d. 2007).
- Hans Kornberg: German-English biologist and academic.
- Garry Winogrand: American photographer and author (d. 1984).