Saturday 14 January 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Muranyi and Gerald Arpino.
The Divine Woman, directed by Victor Seastrom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Swan Song by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1928 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Joe Muranyi: American jazz musician, a clarinet, tenor and soprano sax player, and singer.
- Gerald Arpino: American dancer and choreographer (d. 2008).
- Lars Forssell: Swedish author poet and songwriter (d. 2007).
- Hans Kornberg: German-English biologist and academic.
- Garry Winogrand: American photographer and author (d. 1984).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?