Thursday 19 January 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Gerard Schurmann and Dainin Katagiri in Osaka.
The Last Command, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Bridge of San Luis by Rey Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1928 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Edward Gerard Schurmann: Composer.
- Dainin Katagiri in Osaka: Japan; Zen teacher, associate of Shunryu Suzuki.
- Tomislav : Yugoslav-Serbian prince, the second son of the sovereign of the then Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes (later the Kingdom of Yugoslavia), Alexander I (1888–1934) and Queen Maria (1900–1961).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?