Thursday 5 January 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Zulfikar Ali Khan Bhutto and Ali Bhutto.
Sadie Thompson, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Claire Ambler by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1928 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Zulfikar Ali Khan Bhutto: President / Premier (Pakistan).
- Ali Bhutto: Pakistani politician and father of noted politician, Benazir Bhutto.
- Walter Mondale: American politician and US Vice President under Jimmy Carter, former US Ambassador to Japan, and former Senator (elected 1964) and Attorney General (1960) for the state of Minnesota.
- Zulfikar Bhutto: Pakistani lawyer and politician 4th President of Pakistan (d. 1979).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1928 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Diane (I'm In Heaven When I See You Smile) - Nat Shilkret & The Victor Orchestra
- The Soldier's Sweetheart - Jimmie Rodgers
- My Blue Heaven - Don Voorhees & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?