Friday 6 January 1928, EpiphanyUS date format: 1/6/1928, UK date format: 6/1/1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 6, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Capucine (actress) and Capucine .
Frenzy, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1928 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Capucine (actress)
- George H Ross: American businessman.
- Capucine : French fashion model and actress best known for her comedic roles in The Pink Panther (1963) and What's New Pussycat? (1965).
- Leopold De Graeveleyn: Belgium sport Champion.
- Pasquale Vivolo: Belgium sport Champion.
- George Ross: American lawyer and businessman.
- Pope Pius XI publishes encyclical Mortalium animos (against oecumene)
- January 7 ampndash The River Thames floods in London 14 drown.