Saturday 7 January 1928, Orthodox Christmas
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 7, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Peter Blatty and Baptiste-Marrey .
Surrender, directed by Edward Sloman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 January 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1928 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- William Peter Blatty
- William Blatty: American novelist, screenwriter and producer-director, best known as author of "The Exorcist," 1971, which was made into a film in 1973 and earned an Oscar for the best adapted screenplay.
- Hocine Khalfi: Algerian-American boxer.
- William Peter Blatty: Writer.
- Clyde Snow: American forensic anthropologist, whose skeletal confirmations include John F. Kennedy, victims of John Wayne Gacy, King Tutankhamun, victims of the Oklahoma City bombing, and Dr. Josef Mengele.
- Jean-Jacques Morvan: French painter, sculptor, engraver and writer.
- William Peter Blatty in New York City: New York, USA; author (The Exorcist).
- The moat at the Tower of London, previously drained in 1843 (and planted with grass), is completely refilled by a tidal wave.