Saturday 7 January 1928, Orthodox Christmas
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Peter Blatty in New York City and William Blatty.
The Divine Woman, directed by Victor Seastrom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1928 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- William Peter Blatty in New York City: New York, USA; author (The Exorcist).
- William Blatty: American novelist, screenwriter and producer-director, best known as author of "The Exorcist," 1971, which was made into a film in 1973 and earned an Oscar for the best adapted screenplay.
- Hocine Khalfi: Algerian-American boxer.
- Jean-Jacques Morvan: French painter, sculptor, engraver and writer.
- Clyde Snow: American forensic anthropologist, whose skeletal confirmations include John F. Kennedy, victims of John Wayne Gacy, King Tutankhamun, victims of the Oklahoma City bombing, and Dr. Josef Mengele.
- The moat at the Tower of London, previously drained in 1843 (and planted with grass), is completely refilled by a tidal wave.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 January 1928
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?