Monday 16 January 1928US date format: 1/16/1928, UK date format: 16/1/1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 16, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ezra Sims and John William Fozard.
High Stakes, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 January 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1928 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Ezra Sims: Composer.
- John William Fozard: Aircraft designer.
- Pilar Lorengar: Spanish (Aragonese) soprano who was best known for her interpretations of opera and the Spanish genre Zarzuela, and as a soprano for her full register, a youthful timbre as well as a distinctive vibrato.
- William Kennedy: American journalist historian and author.