Monday 16 January 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ezra Sims and John William Fozard.
The Last Command, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Bridge of San Luis by Rey Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1928 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Ezra Sims: Composer.
- John William Fozard: Aircraft designer.
- Pilar Lorengar: Spanish (Aragonese) soprano who was best known for her interpretations of opera and the Spanish genre Zarzuela, and as a soprano for her full register, a youthful timbre as well as a distinctive vibrato.
- William Kennedy: American journalist historian and author.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?