Tuesday 17 January 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vidal Sassoon and Jean Barraqué.
Dress Parade, directed by Donald Crisp, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 January 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1928 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Vidal Sassoon: English-American hairdresser and businessman (d. 2012).
- Jean Barraqué: French composer (d. 1973).
- Matt McGinn
- Lelio Antoniotti: France sport Champion.
- Jean Barraque: French composer (d. 1973).
- Serge Ceustermans: France sport Champion.
- Maurice Gaidon: French Roman Catholic bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Cahors, France.
- Luigi Moltrasio: Italian soccer player.
- 1st fully automatic photographic film developing machine patented
- The OGPU arrests Lev Trotsky in Moscow he assumes a status of passive resistance.