June 1906 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in June 1906.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on June 1906: find out below
Which were the important events of June 1906?
- 03 Jun 1906 Belgian King Leopold II calls Congo his private possession
- 06 Jun 1906 Paris Metro Line 5 is inaugurated with a first section from Place d'Italie to the Gare d'Orleans (today known as Gare d'Austerlitz).
- 07 Jun 1906 Chicago Cubs score 11 in 1st inning, beating New York Giants 19-0
- 08 Jun 1906 Theodore Roosevelt signs the Antiquities Act into law, authorizing the President to restrict the use of certain parcels of public land with historical or conservation value.
- 09 Jun 1906 Boston Beaneaters (NL) end 19-game losing streak beat Cards 6-3
- 14 Jun 1906 Pogrom against Jews in Bialystok, Polish Russia
- 22 Jun 1906 Hakon VII crowned King of Norway
- 25 Jun 1906 Pittsburgh millionaire Harry Thaw shoots and kills prominent architect Stanford White.
- 26 Jun 1906 Hongar Szisz wins 1st Grand-Prix (Le Mans, France)
- 29 Jun 1906 12th US Golf Open: Alex Smith shoots a 295 at Onwentsia Club - Illinois
- 30 Jun 1906 John Hope becomes 1st black President of Morehouse College
American-French sophisticated singer and...
American filmmaker, screenwriter,...
Belgian SS officer (d. 1994).
American writer, wife of Charles...
- See more
Which were the top hits in June 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Byron G. Harlan - Keep on the Sunny Side
- Vess Ossman - The Buffalo Rag
- Billy Murray - Keep on the Sunny Side
- Harry Macdonough - My Old Kentucky Home
- Frank Stanley & Corrine Morgan - The Moon Has His Eyes On You