Friday June 29, 1906
US date format: 6/29/1906, UK date format: 29/6/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 29, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Heinz Harmel and Guido Conti.
Three American Beauties, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 29, 1906?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- 12th US Golf Open: Alex Smith shoots a 295 at Onwentsia Club - Illinois
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 29, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones - My Lovin' Henry
- Vess Ossman - On the Rocky Road to Dublin
- Haydn Quartet - When the Roll is Called Up Yonder
- Cal Stewart - Sunday School Picnic at Pumpkin Center
- Antonio Scotti - La Forza Del Destino - Solenne In Quest' Ora (Swear in This Hour)
- Arthur Pryor's Band - American Fantasie
- Enrico Caruso - Forza Del Destino - Solenne in Quest 'Ora (Swear in This Hour)