Friday 29 June 1906
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Heinz Harmel and Guido Conti.
Three American Beauties, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 June 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1906!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1906 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Heinz Harmel: German Nazi General in the Waffen-SS during World War II.
- Guido Conti: Italy Writer.
- Yves Levacon: Nantes Military man.
- Ivan Chernyakhovsky: Ukrainian general (d. 1945).
- 12th US Golf Open: Alex Smith shoots a 295 at Onwentsia Club - Illinois
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1906 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Forza Del Destino - Solenne in Quest 'Ora (Swear in This Hour) - Enrico Caruso
- American Fantasie - Arthur Pryor's Band
- La Forza Del Destino - Solenne In Quest' Ora (Swear in This Hour) - Antonio Scotti
- Sunday School Picnic at Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart
- When the Roll is Called Up Yonder - Haydn Quartet
- On the Rocky Road to Dublin - Vess Ossman
- My Lovin' Henry - Ada Jones