Tuesday June 26, 1906
US date format: 6/26/1906, UK date format: 26/6/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 26, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Alberto Rabagliati and Stefan Andres.
Three American Beauties, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 26, 1906?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- See more
- Hongar Szisz wins 1st Grand-Prix (Le Mans, France)
- Alexander Muir poet (The Maple Leaf Forever): dies at age 76.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 26, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones - My Lovin' Henry
- Vess Ossman - On the Rocky Road to Dublin
- Haydn Quartet - When the Roll is Called Up Yonder
- Cal Stewart - Sunday School Picnic at Pumpkin Center
- Antonio Scotti - La Forza Del Destino - Solenne In Quest' Ora (Swear in This Hour)
- Arthur Pryor's Band - American Fantasie
- Enrico Caruso - Forza Del Destino - Solenne in Quest 'Ora (Swear in This Hour)