Saturday June 30, 1906
US date format: 6/30/1906, UK date format: 30/6/1906
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 30, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Mann and Ralph Allen.
Three American Beauties, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 30, 1906?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- John Hope becomes 1st black President of Morehouse College
- The United States Congress passes the Meat Inspection Act and Pure Food and Drug Act.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 30, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones - My Lovin' Henry
- Vess Ossman - On the Rocky Road to Dublin
- Haydn Quartet - When the Roll is Called Up Yonder
- Cal Stewart - Sunday School Picnic at Pumpkin Center
- Antonio Scotti - La Forza Del Destino - Solenne In Quest' Ora (Swear in This Hour)
- Arthur Pryor's Band - American Fantasie
- Enrico Caruso - Forza Del Destino - Solenne in Quest 'Ora (Swear in This Hour)