Friday 15 June 1906
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 15, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Léon Degrelle and Melvin N Gough.
The Voice of Conscience, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1906!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1906 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Léon Degrelle: Belgian SS officer (d. 1994).
- Melvin N Gough
- Leon Degrelle: Belgian SS officer (d. 1994).
- Margaret Bourke-White: Photographer.
- Gordon Welchman: English-American mathematician and author (d. 1985).
- Melvin Gough: American pilot; graduated as a Navy pilot from Pensacola in the '20s to become a famous test pilot and chief of the Flight Research Division of NASA 1959.
- Louis RJ Ridder van Rappard: Dutch Mayor (Zoelen).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Keep on the Sunny Side - Billy Murray
- The Buffalo Rag - Vess Ossman