Sunday 17 June 1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 17, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas G Cowling and Jean Douarinou.
The Voice of Conscience, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 June 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1906!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1906 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Thomas G Cowling: British mathematician / astronomer.
- Jean Douarinou: French film production designer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Keep on the Sunny Side - Billy Murray
- The Buffalo Rag - Vess Ossman