Wednesday June 27, 1906
US date format: 6/27/1906, UK date format: 27/6/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 27, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Vernon P Watkins and Catherine Cookson.
Three American Beauties, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 27, 1906?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 27, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones - My Lovin' Henry
- Vess Ossman - On the Rocky Road to Dublin
- Haydn Quartet - When the Roll is Called Up Yonder
- Cal Stewart - Sunday School Picnic at Pumpkin Center
- Antonio Scotti - La Forza Del Destino - Solenne In Quest' Ora (Swear in This Hour)
- Arthur Pryor's Band - American Fantasie
- Enrico Caruso - Forza Del Destino - Solenne in Quest 'Ora (Swear in This Hour)