November 1906 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in November 1906.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on November 1906: find out below
Which were the important events of November 1906?
- 03 Nov 1906 ''SOS'' becomes an international distress signal.
- 06 Nov 1906 Charles Evans Hughes (Republican) elected New York governor beats William Randolph Hearst.
- 09 Nov 1906 Theodore Roosevelt is the first sitting President of the United States to make an official trip outside the country. He did so to inspect progress on the Panama Canal.
- 13 Nov 1906 C W Gregory out for 383 as NSW make 763 vs. Queensland
- 18 Nov 1906 Langdon Mitchells New York Idea, premieres in New York City
- 19 Nov 1906 London selected to host 1908 Olympics.
- 21 Nov 1906 China prohibits opium trade
- 22 Nov 1906 International Radio Telecommunications Com adopts "SOS" as new call for help.
- 23 Nov 1906 Joseph Smith, leader of the Mormon Church, convicted of polygamy
- 24 Nov 1906 The Canton Bulldogs-Massillon Tigers Betting Scandal, the first major scandal in professional American football.
American dancer, actress, and movie...
Italian film director and set designer,...
American psychic healer who, as a...
- See more
Which were the top hits in November 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Henry Burr - Love Me and the World is Mine
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - I'm Crazy 'Bout It!
- Harry Macdonough - Ain't You Coming Back to Old New Hampshire, Molly?
- Billy Murray - Not Because Your hair is Curly
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Susan, Kiss Me Good and Hard