Sunday 18 November 1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 18, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Ziegler and Klaus Mann.
A Crazy Composer, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 November 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1906!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1906 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Klaus Mann: German writer, son of the famous writer Thomas Mann.
- Henri Ziegler: Limoges Military man.
- Sait Abasıyanık: Turkish author and poet (d. 1954).
- Soichiro Honda: Businessman.
- George Wald: American scientist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (d. 1997).
- Alec Issigonis: Greek-British car designer, developer of the Mini (Born 1906).
- Segundo Llorente: Spanish Jesuit, philosopher and author who spent 40 years as a missionary among the Yup'ik in the most remote parts of Alaska.
- Langdon Mitchells New York Idea, premieres in New York City