Saturday 24 November 1906
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eduard Ludwig and António Gedeão.
while Jane Cable by George Barr McCutcheon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1906!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1906 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Eduard Ludwig: German architect (Air Bridge monument Berlin).
- António Gedeão: Portuguese poet, essayist, writer and playwright, who also published several works related to science.
- René Naurois: French Catholic priest, chaplain and ornithologist.
- Andreina Pagnani: Italian stage/film/tv actress, comedienne.
- The Canton Bulldogs-Massillon Tigers Betting Scandal, the first major scandal in professional American football.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Susan, Kiss Me Good and Hard - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Pat and Mike McGee - Billy Murray & Len Spencer
- Nearer My God to Thee - Richard Jose
- Not Because Your hair is Curly - Billy Murray
- Let Me See You Smile - Len Spencer & Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?