Saturday November 24, 1906
US date format: 11/24/1906, UK date format: 24/11/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on November 24, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Eduard Ludwig and António Gedeão.
The Magic Flute, directed by Kenneth Branagh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 24, 1906?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- See more
- The Canton Bulldogs-Massillon Tigers Betting Scandal, the first major scandal in professional American football.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 24, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Billy Murray - Not Because Your hair is Curly
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Susan, Kiss Me Good and Hard
- Len Spencer & Ada Jones - Let Me See You Smile
- Billy Murray & Len Spencer - Pat and Mike McGee
- Richard Jose - Nearer My God to Thee