Saturday 17 November 1906
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Soichiro Honda and Mario Soldati.
A Crazy Composer, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 November 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1906!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1906 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Soichiro Honda: Japanese engineer and businessman co-founded the Honda Motor Company (d. 1991).
- Mario Soldati: Italian writer and film maker.
- Betty Bronson: Trenton, New Jersey -- Actress (Evel Knievel, One Stolen Night).
- Rollie Stiles: American baseball player (Born 1906).