Monday 5 November 1906US date format: 11/5/1906, UK date format: 5/11/1906
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 5, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Trevelyan and Fred Whipple.
A Crazy Composer, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 November 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1906!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1906 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- George Trevelyan: British mystic noted for being a pioneer in the teaching of spiritual knowledge as adult education.
- Fred Whipple: American astronomer and academic (d. 2004).
- George Lowthian Trevelyan: Designer / visionary.
- Stanley Smith Stevens: Psychologist.
- Endre Kabos: Hungarian fencer (d. 1944).
- Fred Lawrence Whipple: American astronomer (d. 2004).
- Bob Considine: Newscaster (Tonight! America After Dark), dies at 68.