Monday 5 November 1906
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Lowthian Trevelyan and Fred Lawrence Whipple.
while The Jungle by Upton Sinclair was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1906!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1906 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- George Lowthian Trevelyan: Designer / visionary.
- Fred Lawrence Whipple: American astronomer (d. 2004).
- George Trevelyan: British mystic noted for being a pioneer in the teaching of spiritual knowledge as adult education.
- Endre Kabos: Hungarian fencer (d. 1944).
- Fred Whipple: American astronomer and academic (d. 2004).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Love Me and the World is Mine - Henry Burr
- I'm Crazy 'Bout It! - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?