Friday 2 November 1906
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 2, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luchino Visconti and Peggy Conklin.
A Crazy Composer, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 November 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1906!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1906 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Luchino Visconti: Italian film director and set designer, one of the most celebrated in a quartet of directors who have dominated Italian films from the post-war era.
- Peggy Conklin
- Ruth Hellberg
- René Sédillot: French journalist and historian.
- René Sedillot: Orleans Writer.
- Daniil Andreyev: Russian poet and mystic (d. 1959).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'm Crazy 'Bout It! - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Love Me and the World is Mine - Henry Burr