Friday 2 November 1906
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luchino Visconti and Peggy Conklin.
A Crazy Composer, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 November 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1906!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1906 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Luchino Visconti: Italian film director and set designer, one of the most celebrated in a quartet of directors who have dominated Italian films from the post-war era.
- Peggy Conklin
- Ruth Hellberg
- René Sédillot: French journalist and historian.
- René Sedillot: Orleans Writer.
- Daniil Andreyev: Russian poet and mystic (d. 1959).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'm Crazy 'Bout It! - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Love Me and the World is Mine - Henry Burr