Friday 26 June 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The King of the Beggars, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1914!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1914 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Wolfgang Windgassen: German-French operatic tenor who was the leading Wagnerian tenor of the '50s and '60s.
- Richard Maltby: orchestra leader (Vaughn Monroe Show).
- John J "John" Beautiful Garden: Sculptor.
- Lyman Spitzer: American scientist, assigned to undersea warfare studies during WW II.
- Kathryn Johnston: American police shooting victim (Born 1914).
- Laurie Lee: English author and poet (d. 1997)
- Antoine Argoud: French Army officer specializing in counter-insurgency during the Algerian War of Independence. Argoud's opposition to Algerian independence from France resulted in his joining of the Organisation de l'Armée Secrète (OAS) and support for its use of violence in opposition to this policy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- That's a Real Moving Picture from Life - Manuel Romain
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?