Tuesday 4 March 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John H Fremlin and John Garfield.
Hiawatha, directed by Hilde Hadges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1913!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1913 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- John H Fremlin: English nuclear physicist (d. 1995).
- John Garfield: American actor who played in 31 films from 1938-1951.
- Taos Amrouche: Algerian singer and author (d. 1976).
- 1st US law regulating the shooting of migratory birds passed
- Woodrow Wilson inaugurated as 28th President.
- The US Mint releases the Indian Head nickel to circulation.
- Department of Commerce and Labor split into separate departments.
- New York Yankees are first to train outside US (Bermuda).
- First Balkan War: The Greek army engages the Turks at Bizani, resulting in victory two days later.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 March 1913
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1913 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- A Little Girl at Home - Harry Macdonough & Marguerite Dunlap
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?