Tuesday 9 March 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1954!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1954 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Patrice Abeille: French separatist politician campaigning for the independence of Savoy from France.
- Bobby Sands: Irish Republican Army activist, dies in his 66th day of hunger strike (born 1954).
- Charmain Elaine Sylvers: Rocker.
- Keven Wade in Chappaqua: New York, USA; screen writer (Working Girls).
- 1st local color TV coml WNBT-TV (WNBC-TV) NYC (Castro Decorators)
- Edward R Murrow criticizes Sen Joseph McCarthy (See it Now)
- WMUR TV channel 9 in Manchester, NH (ABC) begins broadcasting
- First local color TV commercial, on WNBT-TV (WNBC-TV) New York City, New York (Castro Decorators).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?