Tuesday 9 March 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charmain Elaine Sylvers and Keven Wade in Chappaqua.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Public Defender.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1954!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1954 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Charmain Elaine Sylvers: Rocker.
- Keven Wade in Chappaqua: New York, USA; screen writer (Working Girls).
- Patrice Abeille: French separatist politician campaigning for the independence of Savoy from France.
- Bobby Sands: Irish Republican Army activist, dies in his 66th day of hunger strike (born 1954).
- 1st local color TV coml WNBT-TV (WNBC-TV) NYC (Castro Decorators)
- Edward R Murrow criticizes Sen Joseph McCarthy (See it Now)
- WMUR TV channel 9 in Manchester, NH (ABC) begins broadcasting
- First local color TV commercial, on WNBT-TV (WNBC-TV) New York City, New York (Castro Decorators).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?