Sunday 14 March 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1954!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1954 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- David La Croix: Race horse trainer.
- Adrian Zmed: American actor, dancer and singer, swarthy, sexy and baby-faced, who came to attention in the late ’70s in the stage musical "Grease" and later appeared in the film "Grease II," 1982.
- Jann Browne: American singer (Asleep at the Wheel).
- Ian Diamond: English statistician and academic.
- Gheorghe Megelea: Romanian-Canadian javelin thrower.
- Ludomir Michal Rogowski: Composer, dies at 72.
- Braves Henry Aaron homers in his 1st exhibition game
- KDAL (now KDLH) TV channel 3 in Duluth-Superior, MN (CBS) begins
- NBA Baltimore Bullets end a 32-game road losing streak.
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA Titleholders Golf Championship.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?